“Eighty percent of all dogs and cats have periodontal disease and basically the mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body, so if you’ve got an infection in your mouth, and that’s all this is, then you’ve got an infection in your blood. This can lead to heart valve problems, kidney problems and worse,” Dr. Ernie says. Meet Dr. Ernie
- What is the Petrodex Finger Toothbrush?The Petrodex Finger Toothbrush provides a gentle method of removing plaque and food debris from your pet’s teeth.For: Cats and Dogs (over 12 weeks of age)
- Effectively rids your pet’s teeth of plaque and debris
- Particularly effective for hard-to-reach teeth
- Bristles are soft, so it’s gentle on your pet’s teeth and gums
- Pets usually accept the brushing with ease
- Easy to use
How it works:
The Petrodex Finger Toothbrush gently removes plaque and food debris from your pet’s teeth while also massaging the gums. The rubber bristles are soft and pliable which make it comfortable for you and your pet.
Dr. Ernie also recommends adding a powdered supplement called Clenz-a-Dent to their food. “It actually contains a form of seaweed …. that seaweed helps break apart plaque and tartar!