I read a book from my local library, A Treasury for Cat Lovers by Richard Lederer. He is best known for his books on word play. I asked for permission to share some of his humor from this great book and he agreed. This book is humorous and a fun read. It has interesting facts, riddles, poems, quotes and more; a short read at 122 pages.
Richard Lederer is the author of more than thirty books on language, humor and history, including Anguished English and A Treasury for Dog Lovers. He lives in San Diego with his wife, Simone van Egeren.
16 Ways a Cat is Like a Computer
- User friendly, although the control key will not always function
- Available in three sizes: mainframe, desktop, and (the smallest) laptop
- Portable, if placed in suitable transportation case
- Mouse driven
- Sensitive interfaces
- Dual video and audio input
- Visual and audio output; wide-ranging sound card
- Can function in direct sunlight but keep away from water
- Energy-saving standby mode
- Instant transition between standby and full-power mode
- Requires annual check-up
- Minimal power consumption as compared to energy output
- Top of the line: Never any need to upgrade
- If you properly care for your unit, it will give your years of loyal service. Many users get a second unit, to enjoy the ability to run complex simulation games.
10 Clues That Your Cat Has Hacked into Your E-mail Password
- Your keyboard has traces of kitty litter and a strange territorial scent.
- Your mouse has teeth marks in it-and an aroma of tuna.
- You find you’ve been subscribed to strange news groups like recreationalcatnip.com and alt.cats.world.domination.
- You receive e-mail messages from some guy named Tiger.
- Your web browser has a new home page, http://www.feline.com.
- Your out-box contains hate-mail messages to Apple Computer, Inc. about their release of “CyberDog.”
- You keep finding new software around your house like CatPayTax and WarCatII.
- On Facebook you’re known as the IronMouser.
- Your screen saver is now a picture of Garfield and your mouse pad a picture of the Cat in the Hat.
- Your kitty is wearing carpal-tunnel braces.