March 29, 2013
Reprinted from StubbyDog
Cream Cheese Nibbles
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 c whole wheat flour (plus extra for rolling out dough)
- ¼ c warm water
- ¼ c applesauce
- ¼ c powdered milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dissolve entire package of yeast in warm water.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; mix well (do not over-process).
- Roll out to ¼” thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into bite-size squares, or use cookie cutter for larger pieces.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store on in an airtight container in the refrigerator (these also freeze well).
Note: If you don’t have a food processor (or just don’t want to lug it out of the cupboard) you can mix everything by hand, just make sure all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated (whipped cream cheese makes the hand-mixing process a little easier, though you may have to adjust ingredient amounts to get the desired dough consistency).
The use of any recipe is at your own discretion. Check with a veterinarian prior to feeding homemade food or treats if you are unsure about any recipe or if your dog has any medical conditions, special nutritional needs, or ingredient sensitivities. StubbyDog makes no assurances about and is not liable for the outcome, nutritional value, or safety of any recipe.