What a great idea, horse agility! I am familiar with dog agility courses and sport. If you are not, it is a course of obstacles dogs run through. Dogs do agility courses for a variety of reasons and some compete as well. A great way to bond even more with your horse! Next time you run around the yard with Fido, don’t forget your horsey. 🙂 I believe that no animal should be forced to do anything, however if this is their cup of tea, go for it.
Horse Agility is a discipline and internationally competitive sport in which horse and handler, both on foot, navigate a course of obstacles while focusing on clear communication and positive horsemanship – Les Kiger, USA Horse Agility Accredited Trainer. Vanessa Bee is the Founder of The International Horse Agility Club.
- Horse Agility can help build a very close relationship with your horse.
- Horse Agility keeps your horse’s mind working constructively.
- Horse Agility is a great way to meet like minded people who may think the same way about their horse’s potential other than as a ridden horse.
- Because of the levels structure of the competitions there is always a new skill to learn and improve.
- Positive Horsemanship supports trainers, products & ideas that are committed to the emotional and physical well being of the horse and the handler. We only promote trainers and products that we believe will enhance relationships between people and horses.
- The Positive Horsemanship team are constantly researching trainer’s methods and equipment to add to their portfolio.
- These are then included on the website and promoted at events around the country.
- We are always delighted to hear about any ideas, new or old, that fit into our criteria.
- Certificate Courses in Positive Horsemanship are now available to book online.
Tel. +44(0) 1409 221166
- Why I do Dog Agility (planetmarsz.wordpress.com)
- Soulful Horsemanship Audio Book: Chapter Seven (bendequinesolutions.com)