“Fire was caused by a hawk that hit the high voltage power line, caught fire, and fell to the ground,” Swanson said.
Though I am sorry for the customers without power, I am more sorry for the hawk that caught on fire. It was only doing what comes natural. The power line is not part of nature.
Man has built so much and taken away so much natural habitat. Man must be much more concerning about what and where they build!
SAN DIEGO – A hawk carrying a snake sparked a brush fire Tuesday morning after it hit a power line and was electrocuted, a San Diego Fire-Rescue Department spokesman said.
The hawk hit the power line around 5:45 a.m., at which point it fell to the ground and sparked a blaze along a hillside near Dunhill Street, SDFRD spokesman Lee Swanson said.
“Fire was caused by a hawk that hit the high voltage power line, caught fire, and fell to the ground,” Swanson said. “While that is not that unusual, it is an indication of how very dry the conditions are that it was able to spread as quickly as it did.”
Around 40 firefighters had to contend with the hill’s steep terrain while putting out the fire, which spread to…
View original post 76 more words